Five local branch members from the NZIA, including yours truly, presented the ideas behind their own homes, which are in various stages of design/construction/
Presentations provided plenty of insights into tricky sites, post-earthquake considerations, budgets, influences, materials and final outcomes.
– Tim Nees (me) presenting the design for my home on Scarborough Hill, consented and ready for construction.
– Dan Sullivan presenting his parent’s recent award winning home he designed, ‘Ophir’ in Redcliffs.
– Mike Callaghan presenting his own small home in Huntsbury, was sort-of finished late 2014.
– Maria Chen presenting the design for her own townhouses on a back section in Sydenham, has just been granted resource consent.
– Michael O’Sullivan presenting his award-winning Lyttelton Studio Retreat, he designed and built himself.
NZIA Canterbury are aiming to make this a regular event so if you would like to be involved next time with your own home please let me know.